WHAT IS AN AUDIOLOGIST?
Audiologists are professionals who diagnose, treat, and manage hearing loss and balance problems. By virtue of their graduate education, clinical training and licensure, Audiologists are the most qualified professionals to:
- Perform hearing tests
- Refer patients for medical treatment
- Provide hearing rehabilitation services
Evaluation by an Audiologist
Audiologists also specialize in:
- Diagnosing medical problems related to hearing loss
- Providing hearing therapy for infants, children and adults (Pediatric Audiology)
- Counseling those with hearing loss to function more effectively in social, educational and occupational environments
- Training people with hearing impairment to properly use communication devices
- Educating patients about the use and fitting of the latest hearing aid technology
If your evaluation reveals that medication or surgery are not feasible treatment options, the Audiologist will discuss the benefits of hearing aids with you and/or your family. You will not be pressured to buy hearing aids.
Visit North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat for Cary audiology, Chapel Hill audiology, Durham audiology, and Roxboro audiology!