Duke University Health System, Duke University Affiliated Physicians, Inc., Duke Home Care and Hospice, Private Diagnostic Clinic, PLLC, and any duly authorized affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Duke Health")  is committed to encouraging and sustaining a learning and work community that is free from prohibited discrimination and harassment. Duke University/Duke Health prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, genetic information, or age in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, employment, or any other institution program or activity. The institution also makes good faith efforts to recruit, employ and promote qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. Duke Health:

  • Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
    • Qualified sign language interpreters
    • Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats.
  • Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
    • Qualified interpreter
    • Information written in other languages


If you need these services, contact Patient Visitor Relations at 919-681-2020 (option 3)
If you believe that NCEENT has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, you can file a grievance with:

Patient Visitor Relations
Box 2968 DUMC
Durham, NC 27710
Phone: 919-681-2020 (option 3)
Fax: 919-684-8296

You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Patient Visitor Relations is available to help you.

You can also file a civil rights complaint with
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at 
https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf or by mail or phone at:

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)

Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/filing-with-ocr/index.html 

ATTENTION: Language assistance services are available to you free of charge. Call 1-919-681-3007.