Chapel Hill Audiology - Chapel Hill Audiologist
What is an Audiologist?
More than 28 million Americans experience hearing problems, many of them undiagnosed and untreated.
Chapel Hill Audiologists are professionals who diagnose, treat, and manage hearing loss and balance problems and are vitally concerned that every person, regardless of age, benefit from good hearing.
The first step in treatment of an Auditory Processing Disorder is a hearing evaluation by a Chapel Hill Audiologist. By virtue of their graduate education, clinical training and licensure, Audiologists are the most qualified professionals to:
- Perform hearing tests
- Refer patients for medical treatment
- Provide hearing rehabilitation services
Their academic and clinical training provides the foundation for patient management from birth through adulthood.
Evaluation by an Audiologist
Audiologists provide a full range of hearing and rehabilitative hearing services.Specialized equipment is used to obtain accurate information about the type and degree of your hearing loss. As part of your fully integrated medical team at North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, your Chapel Hill Audiologist then shares this information with our licensed physicians to determine what course of treatment will most improve your hearing.
At North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, our licensed physicians and Audiologists work together to offer quality diagnostic services and hearing aids to assist our patients who are having difficulty hearing.Audiologists also specialize in:
- Diagnosing medical problems related to hearing loss
- Providing hearing therapy for infants, children and adults (Pediatric Audiology)
- Counseling those with hearing loss to function more effectively in social, educational and occupational environments
- Training people with hearing impairment to properly use communication devices
- Educating patients about the use and fitting of the latest hearing aid technology for patients in Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham and Roxboro hearing aid services.
If your evaluation reveals that medication or surgery are not feasible treatment options, the Audiologist will discuss the benefits of hearing aids with you and/or your family. You will never be pressured to buy hearing aids.