Diabetes and Hearing Loss - what is the connection?
Can diabetes advance Hearing Loss?Right now we don't know how diabetes is related to hearing loss, but a recent study found that hearing loss is twice as common in people with diabetes as it is in those who don't have the disease This article at the American Diabetes Association indicates that diabetes and hearing loss are two of America's most widespread health concerns.
According to the article, some of the most common signs of hearing loss are:
- Frequently asking others to repeat themselves.
- Trouble following conversations that involve more than two people.
- Thinking that others are mumbling.
- Problems hearing in noisy places such as busy restaurants.
- Trouble hearing the voices of women and small children.
- Turning up the TV or radio volume too loud for others who are nearby.