Hearing and Balance Testing
Hearing loss is a medical problem and should be evaluated by individuals who have been academically and clinically trained to perform such evaluations.
At North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat your hearing tests will be performed by one of our Audiologists.
Hearing testing is painless and non-invasive. The results of the test will be given to you immediately by the Audiologist who performs the test. If you have an appointment with one of the Ear, Nose and Throat physicians on the same day, they will also review the tests with you.
When to Call for an Evaluation
You should consider calling for an evaluation if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty hearing or understanding voices
- Complaints from others that you have the radio or television too loud
- Ringing or noises in your ears or head
- Difficulty hearing on the telephone
- Pain or fullness in your ears
- Dizziness or a feeling of being off balance
If you are not sure about the need for a hearing test, Contact NCEENT for a consult.
Most insurance plans will pay for medically necessary hearing tests. Read more about NCEENT and Insurance here.↑ Back to top